Whole wheat Savory Crepes with Egg Filling
The goodness of whole wheat crepes with a lovely, soft egg filling - perfect breakfast for any season!!
Whole wheat flour
Large Egg or small
2 ones 1
Eggs, beaten with salt and pepper
Onion, finely chopped
Small tomato, finely chopped
Green chilli, finely chopped
Zucchini, bell pepper or any Vegetable, chopped
Coriander leaves, chopped
- For the egg filling: Heat a pan, add the oil and toss in all the vegetables on low heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and stir fry till soft.
- Turn on the heat and add in the beaten eggs. Keep stirring the mixture with a wooden spoon, scraping the bottom of the pan as you go, breaking up the parts of cooked egg.
- Stir in the coriander leaves. When the eggs appear to be completely cooked, turn off the heat.
- For the Crepes: Put the flour and salt in a bowl and whisk together till mixed.
- Break in the eggs, add the oil and give it a mix. Add in the milk slowly and whisk together to form a smooth batter. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat a non stick pan, and on medium heat, pour in a ¼ cup measure of batter and swirl the pan around.
- Let the crepe cook till the edges are browned and appear crispy.
- Place your filling in the centre, fold up in halves or quarters and serve.